Two Speed Electric Winches
Andersen Two Speed Electric Winches are ideal for sheet applications on larger yachts. In addition to the host of standard features that have made Andersen self tailing winches the benchmark for quality and performance, Andersen Two Speed Electric Winches are engineered with unsurpassed levels of functionality, monitoring and protection.
Efficient, high quality motor
Illuminated “intelligent” Push Button
Unrivalled level of monitoring and protection
- Integrated Overload Protection - The controller is pre-set to stop the winch if the Maximum Pull Load is exceeded. Operation can resume within a few seconds when the load returns below the limit.
- Thermal Overload Protection – The motor is fitted with a thermal cutout that disables the motor in case of overheating; it automatically resets after the temperature returns to normal.
- Reverse Polarity Protection – An integrated 5 Amp fuse protects the controller against incorrect cable connection.
- Accidental Start Protection – Winch operation is disabled if the push button is already inadvertently pressed when the power supply is turned on at the circuit breaker or battery.
- Low Voltage Detection - Operation is disabled if the battery charge level is low, which prevents further drain on batteries and avoids triggering low-voltage reset of navigation instruments and other electronic devices.
- Continuous Run Time Limit– Operation is disabled if continuous run time exceeds 10 minutes.
- "Stuck" Contactor Protection - Operation is disabled if a relay fails to disengage.
2-speed manual operation is always available as a backup; or just for the experience.
Andersen Two Speed Electric Winches are supplied complete with push button, electrics/control box and comprehensive installation and operation instructions. The RA590150 150A Amp Circuit Breaker is recommended for use with 78ST and 110ST Two Speed Electric Winches - sold separately.